Support for Businesses
Experience Counts offers a range of workshops specifically for our Yorkshire Accord partners to support their internal staff development programmes.
Our costing model reflects the partnership working and reflects a significant discount for Yorkshire Accord only. A percentage of all profits will go to supporting the social enterprise part of Experience Counts(CIC) which delivers free programmes for individuals of 50+ seeking employment.
Unlocking your hidden talents
This half day workshop is designed to support individuals in recognising their hidden talents and skills.
To harness those talents and skills to empower you in your whole life (work and home).
- Identifying hidden talents which may be gained through volunteering, employment, domestic activities, hobbies
- What are these talents, how can you evidence them, where might they take you?
- What brings you most satisfaction/pleasure/sense of achievement and why?
Developing your talent and strengths
This half day workshop builds on the previous workshop, ‘Unlocking your hidden talents’. Individuals will learn about themselves and how to take those previously hidden talents and strengths forward.
- shaping talents and strengths
- Reviewing your areas for development
- Knowing your talents and strengths, how to present yourself more authentically and positively
Knowing yourself -Emotional Intelligence
This one-day workshop addresses our own Emotional Intelligence (EI) and how we can better understand ourselves and interpret others.
It will provide the skills to be more self-aware and choose to manage your reactions, how to manage your emotions more successfully, how to build a better rapport with individuals, read and interpret their emotions and handle situations more effectively.
- Understand the four pillars of EI – self-awareness, self-regulation, empathy and social skills
- Identify the key EI skills, learn your own triggers and what makes you react more emotionally
- Learn your positive triggers too and understand how your emotions alter under stress
- Develop your rapport with individuals and be able to read non-verbal language more effectively
Personal Resilience Training
The one-day workshop is designed to educate, empower and inspire individuals to discover and maximise their own levels of resilience. You will learn practical strategies, tactics and tools to bolster yourself, giving you the resilience you need to respond positively to the various pressures and demands of your own particular environment.
- Understand what resilience is, where it comes from and how to build and maximise your own
- Reduce your risk of illness and burn-out by embracing the key principles of physical resilience
- Experience the positive power of future focus – knowing what you want and being in control of how you get there
- Realise unparalleled levels of self-confidence and inner drive, understanding the crucial importance of strong relationships
- Face the future with optimism, secure in the knowledge that you have all the resources you need to survive, and even thrive, in these challenging times
Outplacement is an effective and well-tested method of helping people readjust to changing circumstances with the minimum of difficulty and anxiety. This one or two day workshop offers a mix of reassurance, skilled practical help and coaching support.
- Establish personal preferences and life goals, creating a range of options for investigation on which to lay the foundation for action planning
- A CV review and development including – how to produce the ‘perfect’ CV, adapting a CV to appeal to a range of prospective employers and critiquing an existing CV
- Coaching applicants to the starting line and providing optional on-going coaching
- Preparing for Job Interviews including – personal presentation and body language, types of interviews and how to handle them, questions to ask at interview – and those to avoid and dealing with difficult interview questions – classic responses
Book a place today
Click here to contact us for further information.
What our participants say...
Brilliant – useful – inspiring. makes you think
Thank you for taking the time to engage with me as an individual. I was never afraid to raise my concerns which has been really helpful
Experience Counts has been a confidence builder and an eye into the recruitment process, I could not have done it without their support. Thank you
Motivating, uplifting and informative
I would not have got that job offer if I hadn’t been on this course and understood how recruitment works now
Hearing others’ experiences and realising that we are all in the same boat with similar difficulties
The aim to provide unconditional support and confidence building is key and I felt this was most successful. It’s been a tonic
Motivating, uplifting and informative
The trainers evaluate each session to assess what worked well and what we may need to improve upon